Published literature arisen from Cluster Research (last updated July 2013)
- Beebe NW, Ambrose L, Hill LA, Davis JB, Hapgood G, Cooper RD, Russell R, Ritchie SA, Reimer LJ,, Lobo N, Syafruddin D and van den Hurk AF. (In press). Tracing the tiger: population genetics provides valuable insights into the Aedes (Stegomyia) albopictus invasion of the Australasian region. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases.
- Friel S., Barosh L.J., and Lawrence M. (2013) Towards healthy and sustainable food consumption: An Australian case study. Public Health Nutrition.
- Hoffmann, A., & Turrelli, M. (2013) Facilitating Wolbachia introduction into mosquito populations through insectide-resistance selection. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, 280(1760): 20130371.
Jacups S.P., Ball T.S., Paton C.J., Johnson P.H. and Ritchie. S.A. (2013) Operational use of Household Bleach to “Crash and Release” Aedes aegypti Prior to Wolbachia-Infected Mosquito Release. Journal of Medical Entomology, 50(2):344-351.
- Queensland Health, QIMR, and Brisbane City Council (2013) Report of Domestic Mosquito Breeding Surveillance Program for Central and Southern Regions 2011-2012. Report published by the State of Queensland (Dept of Health).
- Vaneckova, P., & Bambrick, H.J (2013) Cause-specific hospital admissions on hot days in Sydney, Australia. PLoS1, 8(2):e55459
Yeap H.L., Endersby N.M., Johnson P.H., Scott A. Ritchie and Ary A. Hoffmann. (2013) Body size and wing shape measurements as quality indicators of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes destined for field release. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 88(6):12-0719.
- Banwell, C., Dixon, J., Bambrick, H., Edwards, F. & Kjellstrom, T. (2012) Socio-cultural reflections on heat in Australia with implications for health and climate change adaptation. Global Health Action. 2012; 5:10:3402
- Beattie, C., Bunning J., Stewart, J., Newman P. and Anda M. (2012) Measuring Carbon for Urban Development Planning. International Journal of Climate Change: Impacts and Responses 3(4): 35-52
- Endersby, N.M., Hoffmann, A.A. (2012) Effect of Wolbachia on insecticide susceptibility in lines of Aedes aegypti. Bulletin of Entomologica Research, 1-9.
- Lee, S.f., White, V.L., Weeks, A.R., Hoffmann, A.A., & Endersby, N.M. (2012) High-throughput PCR Assays to Monitor Wolbachia Infection in the Dengue Mosquito (Aedes aegypti) and Drosophila simulans. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 78(13):4740
- Newman, P., & Matan A. (2012) Human Mobility and Human Health. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. 4(4): 420-426
- Newton, P.W., Newman, P., Glackin, S. and Trubka, R. (2012) Greening the greyfields: unlocking the redevelopment potential of the middle suburbs in Australian cities. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 71: 138-157
- Mason, D., Dixon, J., Issacs, B., Edwards, F., Hall, G., Capon, T. & Friel, S. (2011) The dynamic situation of urban agriculture in the Sydney basin. Briefing Paper.
- Matan, A., Trubka, R., Newman, P. & Vardoulakis, S. (2012) Review of the Public Health and Productivity Benefits from Different Urban Transport and Related Land Use Options in Australia. Paper presented at the 5th Healthy Cities: Working Together to Achieve Livable Cities Conference, Geelong, 6-8 June. pp 65-85.
- Proust, K., Newell, B., Capon, T., Brown, H., Browne, Burton, Dixon, M & Zarafu (2012) Human Health and Climate Change: Leverage Points for Adaptation in Urban Environments. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 9(6), 2134-2158
- Stocker, L., Newman P & Duggie J (2012) Climate Change and Perth (South Wester Australia) in Climate Change to Urban Metropolitan Planning in Australia and the US. Blakely E (Ed). Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, Washington D.C.
- Zarafu, M.E. (2012) A more sustainable transport future: the effectiveness of personal rapid transport in edge cities. Masters Thesis, University of Technology Sydney.
- Bambrick, H.J., Capon, A.G., Barnett, G.B., Beaty, R.M. & Burton, A.J. (2011) Climate Change and Health in the Urban Environment: Adaptation Opportunities in Australian Cities. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, 23(2):67S-79S
- Brown, H., Proust, K. Spickett, J. & Capon, A. (2011) The potential role of Health Impact Assessment in tackling the complexity of climate change adaptation for health. Health Promotion Journal of Australia, 22(Special Issue):S54-S58
- Edwards, F., Dixon, J., Hall, G., Larsen, K., Lockie, S., Wood, B., Lawrence, M., Hanigan, I., Hogan, A., Hattersly, L. (2011) Climate change adaptation at the intersection of food and health. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health. 23: 91S
- Endersby, N.M., Hoffmann, A.A., White, V.L., Ritchie, S.A., Johnson, P.H. & Weeks A.R. (2011) Changes in the genetic structure of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) populations in Queensland, Australia, across two seasons: implications for potential mosquito releases. Journal of Medical Entomology, 48(5):999-1007.
- Hoffmann, A.A., Montgomery, B.L., Popovici, J., Iturbe-Ormaetxe, I., Johnson, P.H., Muzzi, F., Greenfield, M., Durkan, M., Leong, Y.S., Dong, Y., Cook, H., Axford, J., Callahan, A.G., Kenny, N., Omodei, C., McGraw, E.A., Ryan, P.A., Ritchie, S.A., Turelli, M. & O’Neill, S.L. (2011) Successful establishment of Wolbachia in Aedes populations to suppress dengue transmission. Nature, 476:454–457.
- Richardson, K., Hoffmann, A.A., Johnson, P., Ritchie, S., Kearney, M. (2011) Thermal sensitivity of Aedes aegypti from Australia: empirical data and prediction of effects on distribution. Journal of Medical Entomology, 48:914-923
- Walker, T., Johnson, P.H., Moreira, L.A., Iturbe-Ormaetxe, I., Frentiu, F., McMeniman, C.J., Leong, Y.S., Dong, Y., Axford, A., Kriesner, P., Lloyd, A.L., Ritchie, S.A., O’Neill, S.L. & Hoffmann, A.A. (2011) The wMel Wolbachia strain blocks dengue and invades caged Aedes aegypti populations. Nature 476:450-453.
- Newman, P., & Scheurer, J., (2010) The Knowledge ARC Light Rail: A concept for delivering the next phase of public transport in Perth. Report
- Various Authors (2010) Contested Landscapes of Western Sydney. Art Catalogue. Presented at the 2010 Fenner Conference Exhibition.